Modalert 200 Mg (Modafinil)
|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):|
10 tablets in 1 strip
6 To 15 days
Smart Pill: Modalert (Modafinil) 200mg
Modalert 200 mg (Modafinil) is a drug which is known to help their weakness, especially in patients that are extremely sleepy at the time of day. This can often happen because of a sleeping disorder and is something that is triggered because there are people who tend to stay awake because of work. This drug helps people to stay up at the time of emergency in case there are deadlines. This drug does not cure sleeping disorder in people but helps the patients in getting rid of sleep whatsoever.
How does it work?
It is an oral drug which works by improving wakefulness in patients who feel excessive sleepiness. This drug works by stimulating the brain in a way that it promotes wakefulness in patients. This drug works by increasing the amount of dopamine in the brain of a person which increases the activeness of a person.
Read also this Stuff:
Substitutes of This Tablet:
There are many substitutes to this medicine. They are listed below:
- Modatec 200mg
- Modapro 200mg
- Provoke 200mg
Side Effects of This Tablet
Some of the major side effects caused by this drug are listed below:
- It causes hypersensitivity
- Chills and Fever
- Chest Pain
- Trouble in sleeping
- Bruising and bleeding
- Pain in the chest
- Having black stools
- Difficulty in passing the urine
Uses of Modalert (Modafinil) 200mg Tablet
There are various diseases for which this drug is prescribed. Some of them are mentioned as under:
- Narcolepsy: This drug is used to promote wakefulness in patients who have irregular sleep patterns in patients. These patients are extremely sleepy during the day time, which is usually caused by narcolepsy. Apart from that, this drug also causes irregular sleep patterns.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: This drug is used at the time of sleep disorder such as Obstructive Sleep Apnea which is a condition where the breath of a person stops for a short period of time or causes shallow breathlessness in patients which leads to the lack of sleep at the time of night.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder: This drug is used by patients who are extremely sleepy and have an extreme sleeping schedule cycle. This is usually caused when the patient has different working shits than usual.
Warnings and Precautions that need to be taken for Modalert (Modafinil) Tablet:
- Pregnancy: This drug is not recommended for women who are pregnant unless it’s highly recommended to them. There are various risks and benefits that it comes with and it is important to weigh the pros and cons of this medicine before taking this drug.
- Breast Feeding: This drug is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary. Using this drug requires someone to closely monitor the effects of it in the human body, which can then be used by doctors to determine if it is saved to take this drug or not. There are many cases where the doctor advises the woman to discontinue this drug based on the monitored results in the patients.
- Dizziness: This drug is not known to completely cure sleepiness as one of the side effects of this drug can be dizziness. This drug requires a person to not engage in activities that require high mental alertness. It is also advised not to drive any vehicle while being on this drug.
- Having a Severe Hepatic Impairment: For patients going through Severe Hepatic Impairment, half of the normal dose is taken, which can control the side effects caused by this medicine.
- Drinking Alcohol: It is not advised to take Alcohol while taking this drug as it tends to increase the side effects caused by this drug which includes dizziness, drowsiness, and impaired judgment.
- Drinking Grapefruit Juice: Consuming Grapefruit juice is not recommended while being on this treatment as it can decrease the efficacy of this drug.
- Sports: Getting involved in hardcore sports is a no-no if a person is taking this drug. This drug should not be taken while participating in sports as it can wear out the energy in a person who can end up making him feel dizzy.
Read more our Related Stuff:
Interaction of Modalert Tablet:
- Alcohol Interaction: Taking this drug with Alcohol is known to decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Drug Interaction:
- Disease Interaction:
- a)Cardiovascular Disease: Taking this drug with a disease such as Heart Failure, Heart Rhythm, and Hypertension, etc. can increase the risk of heart attack and is highly recommended to get doctor’s advice before taking this medicine. There are other alternative medications that can be taken while keeping the present medical condition in view.
- b)Hypertension: People with high blood pressure have an increased risk of getting a stroke if they take Modalert (Modafinil) 200mg. It is recommended to discuss the pros and cons of this medicine with your doctor before starting to use this medicine
- c)Liver disease: This drug is not recommended for patients who suffer from liver disease as it can result in some severe side effects. These effects are seen more in people who are old. It is therefore important to take the appropriate dosage of this medicine in order to stay away from the drug interactions caused by it.
- d)Seizure disorder: This drug should be used with a lot of caution for patients who have a seizure disorder. This drug can often deteriorate the condition of the patient suffering from a seizure. It is recommended to visit the doctor as soon as the patient gets the seizure attack.
- e)Psychiatric disorder: This drug should be avoided in patients who get psychiatric disorders as it is known to increase the suicidal behavior in these patients. Such patients should be closely monitored in case their condition goes even worse.
Dosage of This Tablet
This drug comes in many dosages such as Modalert 50mg, 100mg, 200mg, 400mg, etc. and it usually depends on the severity of the condition which makes the doctor recommend a certain dosage to the patient. It is important to consult a doctor and take the dosage as per prescribed by the doctor.
- a)Missed Dosage: If you miss the dose of Modalert (Modafinil), it is recommended to take the medicine as soon as you remember it. Although if the time to take the next dosage is nearby, it is advised to skip the dosage altogether. Taking this drug apart from the usual time can make it difficult for the patient to sleep on time is taken afterward.
- b)Overdose: It is important to consult a doctor as soon the patient overdoses on this drug