Modvigil 200 mg (Modafinil)
|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):||
10 tablets in 1 strip
6 To 15 days
What is Modvigil (Modafinil) 200mg?
The drug Modvigil 200 mg (Modafinil) is derived from the drug Modafinil which is known to contain about 200mg per tablets. This drug is prescribed to people who have a sleeping disorder which is also known as narcolepsy. This drug works by increasing the wakefulness in a person by stimulating the neurotransmitters present in the brain. There are many other uses of this drug such as it is known to improve the memory of a person, increases the level of alertness in a person which can help students especially because they have a heavy demand of work.
How does it work?
It is important to read the guide which comes with the medicine before using it.
- This drug works best for people who have narcolepsy. It is an oral drug and can be taken with or without water. Usually, these things are done as according to the prescription given by the doctor and the general dosage of this medicine is once every morning. In some cases, this drug is divided into two dosages, one in the morning and the other in the noon.
- This drug works for people who have obstructive sleep apnea. This is again an oral drug and is usually taken with or without water depending on the doctor’s prescription. This drug on a normal basis is taken daily in the morning.
- People who use this drug for sleep disorder should take it orally and can take it without water. This drug is taken at the beginning of the day before the person starts his tasks for the day.
- Suddenly withdrawing this drug can cause some symptoms such as sweating, nausea, vomiting, chills, etc. This drug if needs to be stopped is done by lowering the dose. This usually happens in cases where Modafinil is taken in high doses.
Uses of Modvigil
- This drug works by reducing the sleepiness which is caused due to narcolepsy and other disorders that comes with it. This includes conditions where the patient gets this bout where his breath suddenly stops during sleep. This drug works by helping a person to stay awake and helps them to get the job done without having to worry about being sleepy.
- This drug may not get rid of all the sleep disorders faced by a person. This drug should never be used as a substitute to treat tiredness as it can backfire and make them feel even more tired.
- This drug helps in keeping the person awake and works by affecting certain substances present in the human body which then controls the sleep cycle in a person.
Side Effects of Modvigil (Modafinil) 200mg:
This drug comes with many side effects. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Feeling difficulty in sleeping
It is important to consult the doctor in case these sides effects persist for a longer period of time.
Doctors while prescribing the drug to the patient usually start by weighing the pros and cons caused by this medicine and only after he realizes that the pros of this drug for a certain patient are greater than the cons, he may then recommend this drug to the patient.
Some of the serious side effects faced by this drug are listed below:
- It causes Irregular heartbeat
- It causes mood swings
- It causes confusion
- It causes depression
- It causes suicidal thoughts in a person
- It causes hallucinations
- It causes chest pain
Getting an allergic reaction from this drug is quite rare and comes with a group of symptoms. These symptoms if encountered should be reported to the doctor right away. They are as under:
- Having swollen lymph nodes
- Having swelling in the tongue
- Being extremely dizzy
- Troubled breathing
Precautions caused by Modvigil
There are certain precautions that everyone should keep in mind before taking this drug.
- It is important to know if you are allergic to a certain drug, in that case, the drug as a whole should be avoided.
- There are various inactive ingredients present in this drug which can cause some serious allergic reaction.
- It is important to put down your entire medical history in front of the doctor before having him prescribe this drug to you. There are various medical conditions which make this drug a no-no to have. Some of them include having a history of heart attack, chest pain, high blood pressure, addiction disorder, etc.
- This drug reduces the ability of a person to react quickly that is why it is not advisable for a person to drive while being on this drug.
- Alcohol and other beverages should be avoided, as they tend to decrease the efficacy of this drug.
- This drug should be avoided if a person is pregnant and should be used only if extremely required.
Interactions of Modvigil(Modafinil)
There are various drug interactions that are known to increase the risk that these drugs usually come with. Some of the drugs that interact with Modvigil (Modafinil) 200mg are listed as under:
- Street Drugs
- This drug is known to decrease the efficacy of certain birth control pills which can end up causing pregnancy in a woman.
- This drug can act as a cleanser and can remove other medications present in the human body.
- This drug can raise the heart rate of the human body and act on the blood pressure of a person.
- Taking Caffeine with this drug can help in aggravating the side effects caused by this drug.
Dosage of Modvigil
Modvigil (Modafinil) drug usually comes in 200mg tablet and is an oral drug. This drug is taken one time in a day and can be taken once or twice in a day. Taking 100mg of this drug can help a person in getting all the benefits of this drug. This can be done by splitting a single tablet into two pieces which gives a smaller dose to the patient.
Overdosing on this drug can cause some serious side effects. It is important to rush to the doctor as soon as possible. These side effects can be fatal including irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, and restlessness.
It is recommended to take the missed dose as soon as the patient remembers it. If the time to take the next dose of the medicine is near, in that case, it is advised to skip the dose altogether. Taking a double dose should be avoided and taking this drug close to the bedtime should be avoided as it can make it harder for a person to sleep at night.