|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):|
Eyelashes Growth, Glaucoma, Ocular Hypertension
Allergan India Pvt Ltd
6 To 15 days
Lumigan (Bimatoprost): About
Lumigan (Bimatoprost) is one of the commonly used drops for treating high blood pressure in the eye. It can help in fixing disorders like glaucoma and other issues related to eye care. This can lower the pressure in the eyes as high pressure in the eyes can lead to blindness. It works by balancing the fluid of the eyes.
Lumigan (Bimatoprost): Uses
The drug has many benefits. Here is a list of disorders that can be suppressed by the use of this drug.
- Intraocular hypertension
Lumigan (Bimatoprost) solution can be beneficial in the case of intraocular hypertension. It is an eye condition in which pressure is developed in the eye. The fluid pressure of the eyes has added pressure which exerts pressure on the eye. This fluid can lowe down that pressure.
- Open-angle Glaucoma
It is an eye condition in which the pressure is developed in the eye. It can lead to the damage of the eye including the optic nerves of the eyes. Sometimes, it can lead to blurred vision. In extreme cases, it leads to loss of vision completely.
- Hypotrichosis of the eyelashes
The solution was initially used for reducing the pressure developed in the eyes. But the constant use of the drug shows that it can increase the thickness of the lashes. So, this solution helps in increasing the density of the lashes.
Lumigan (Bimatoprost): Dosage
The dosage of the Lumigan (Bimatoprost) solution depends on the disorder for which it is being employed. For example, in the case of glaucoma, it can be used once to twice in a day. So, for proper dosage information and timings of administration, you must consult the doctor.
Use this solution strictly as per the advice of an expert. Using the solution more or less than the required dosage may not give expected results.
Lumigan (Bimatoprost): Missed Dose
This solution is usually given as per proper timing and dosage. Missing out on any dosage can lead to a reduction in the effectiveness of the medication. One must try to take the proper dosage of the medication. In case of missing a dosage, one must immediately make up for the skipped dosage. However, it the time for the next dosage is close then one must skip this extra dosage.
The Lumigan (Bimatoprost) medication may be used as per the timing and dosage set by the doctor. Exceeding the safe dosage can lead to various side effects. Also, the drug is not meant for ingestion. Ingesting this drug is not safe. One must consult a proper doctor in case of suspected overuse. You may contact the emergency room if the condition seems severe.
- The drug is composed of various components. Many people can be allergic to their components. Hence, one must consult the doctor for potential allergies.
- It is necessary to look for any hypersensitivities.
- You must tell your doctor about all the disorders you may be suffering.
- The doctor must know if you had any eye disorders especially macular edema, uveitis, iritis, lens extraction, aphakia.
- People who have any history of eye injury, surgery, etc one must consult the doctor immediately. You can even consult the manual for help and direction information.
- One must not drive, use heavy machinery after using this medication.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women need doctor’s consultation before using this medication.
The Lumigan (Bimatoprost) solution can interact with other medications. It can combine and react with these medications and create various side effects. Therefore, one must be sure of all the interactions to be careful. It is better to refer to a specialist for proper dosage information.
- There are various herbal and non-herbal medications that can interact with this solution. One must be careful of all the medications that you are using before consuming this medication.
- There is a long list of solutions and medications that can interact with this medication. One must beware of interactions as it can be harmful.
Refer to your doctor for proper dosage and potential interactions possible with this solution.
- redness of the eye
- The feeling of something is in the eye
- dry eyes
- watering eyes
- increased sensitivity
These side effects of Lumigan (Bimatoprost) can occur initially, however, these occur for more than a week. Then one must consult the doctor immediately.
- The use of the drug over many months can lead to discoloration of the iris.
- It can even change the color perception of the eyes.
- Sometimes the eyelashes may darken.
- Some people even experience thickening of eyebrows.
- One must consult the doctor if these side effects become more persistent.
- The drug has to be used as per the prescription of the doctor.
- Sometimes, the drug may have many other side effects.
- It can lead to the following :
- vision changes
- eye pain
- redness of the eyelids.
- Serious allergies
- Swelling of throat
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not the complete list of side effects. You may need to visit a doctor for proper information.
What is Lumigan (Bimatoprost)?
Lumigan is a solution inclusive of bimatoprost. It can decrease the pressure of the eye caused due to various eye disorders. The drug can also be helpful in increasing the thickness of the lashes.
How do you use this drug?
The drug must be used as per the advice of the doctor. The solution comes with a dropper that can be helpful in its application.
When should I take this drug?
Use the drug as per the timings mentioned by the doctor.
Can Lumigan cause blindness?
The drug has been reported to cause blurring of vision, and blindness in very rare cases. Consult an expert for proper information.
Does it grow hair?
Lumigan (Bimatoprost) drugs can make the lashes and eyebrows dense.
Is Lumigan safe?
Yes, if used as per the safety norms, the drug is completely safe.
Will this 0.01 grow eyelashes?
Yes, it can make the lashes dense as well.
What is the generic brand for this drug?
Currently, there is no generic version available for this drug.
Does Lumigan cause red eyes?
Yes, for some people the solution can cause redness of the eyes.
Can you overdose on this drug?
No, it is not safe to overdose on Lumigan.
Is Lumigan eye drops a beta-blocker?
No, however, it can be used with beta-blocker solutions as well.