What is Pain O Soma (Carisoprodol)? How does it work?
The drug Carisoprodol is a generic form of the drug Pain O Soma. This drug is used as a muscle relaxant which will help people in elevating pain which is usually caused due to muscle spasms. This drug was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is manufactured by many companies.
Getting High on Carisoprodol and its Abuse
There are many muscle relaxants available in the market and Carisoprodol is one of them. This drug apart from being a muscle relaxant can also add to the drowsiness of a person. This happens only if you overdose on this drug. According to one of the reports by anecdotal, this drug has some interactions and can combine with two other medications such as hydrocodone and alprazolam. This interaction can cause the condition of The Trinity which is also called The Holy Cocktail.
Because of these conditions, this drug is scheduled by the FDA and needs to be taken in a controlled way. This drug has its own side effects and can be abused in a different way. This drug should be kept away from people who are below the age of 18 and teenagers. These people are not meant to use this medicine and in case they are, they should consult a doctor twice before stepping into using this drug for the same.
Warnings for Carisoprodol that should be kept in mind
If you are someone who is allergic to Carisoprodol you should keep away from this medicine. Following conditions should allow people to think about using this medicine before proceeding further. These things are listed below:
- Having a poor kidney function
- Risk of Seizures
- Sensitivity towards a certain drug – Felbamate
- Sensitivity towards meprobamate
- Having a poor liver function
- Having a history of drug abuse
- Having acute intermittent porphyria
These are the reasons why people should take carisoprodol with special care under the guidance of a doctor. This is very important for people who have any kind of disability.
Carisoprodol and Pregnancy
It is still unclear whether carisoprodol can harm the baby of a pregnant woman. It is for this reason this drug should be avoided for people who are pregnant. However, if this drug is prescribed to pregnant women, she should get the consent of her doctor before taking this drug to relax her muscles.
It is important to tell your doctor about the goals of when you are planning to get pregnant. People who are breastfeeding should also stay away from this medicine as there is no research regarding this drug not affecting the baby who is being fed. A proper doctor’s consultation is required before taking this medicine.
Coupons and Price Drops of Carisoprodol
If you are someone who is looking forward to saving some money while buying Carisoprodol. There are many online pharmaceutical shops such as Smart Finil. Smart Finil provides potential discounts at different orders placed by people from time to time. Here you can buy Pain O Soma with 10% OFF At the time of sale, a discount coupon is available to different users which are sent to their respective email addresses.
Side Effects of Carisoprodol
If you are someone who faces any of the side effects of the medicine Carisoprodol, you must talk to your doctor as soon as possible.
- Dry mouth
- Dryness in the eyes
- Painful urination
All these side effects must be monitored and reported to the doctor if faced.
Effects of the side effects and Reactions it cause
It is important to tell your doctor about any of the side effects faced by people due to this medicine.
- If your skin is feeling sensitivity and you feel your skin is getting red or peeling. You should report this condition to your doctor. This condition can be life-threatening and is known as erythema multiform.
- If you have any reaction with tongue, lips or mouth
- If you feel poor coordination, weakness or paralysis.
- If you feel lightheadedness, dizziness or drowsiness
- If you are confused or agitated after taking the medicine
- If you are feeling fatigued. This usually happens because of the decreased level of white and red blood cells in the body of a person.
- If you are facing any of the withdrawal symptoms of this medicine.
Different interactions caused by the drug Carisoprodol
You should always tell your doctor or pharmacist about the different over the counter treatments taken by you before beginning the dosage of any medicine. These drugs include nutritional shakes, protein shakes, vitamins, etc. You should also tell your doctor if you take any kind of recreational drug.
Following is the list of drugs that people keep off while taking this medicine. They are listed below:
- Sodium Oxybate
- Drugs that have any content of Doxylamine
Carisoprodol is a drug can interact with different groups of medicine and can finally act up in the nervous system of a person. This interaction can be caused because of:
- Medicines that people take for sleeping such as opiates
- Medicines that are taken for any kind of psychological conditions like depression
- Drugs that are taken by people to improve wakefulness such as armodafinil and modafinil
- Drugs that are taken for anxiety
- Painkillers that include analgesics
- Drugs that help in treating seizures and muscle disorders
- Drugs that are taken by people as brain receptors such as guanfacine, apomorphine, etc.
- People are taking chemotherapy drugs should keep away from this drug
- Drugs that affect and suppresses your immune system in any way
- Drugs such as Benadryl that are known to interact with carisoprodol etc.
- There are other drugs that can interact with people such as thalidomide and tocilizumab.
Interaction of Alcohol with Carisoprodol
If you are someone who is consuming this medicine with alcohol, you might tune down your alcohol content.
Taking this drug along with drinking alcohol can cause a person to be drowsy and have an impaired movement in their body.
Interaction of Carisoprodol with Grapefruit Juice
Both these content follow the different mechanisms of breakdown and that is why it is difficult for them to interact with each other.
Other interactions with Carisoprodol
There are some herbal medicines that are known to interact with Carisoprodol medicine such as rifampin. This drug has the ability to reduce the amount of work done by people.
Dosage of Carisoprodol
This drug is available in two dosages: 250 mg and 350 mg. It is an oral drug and is taken with a glass of water. There is no variable of whether a person has eaten or not before consuming this drug.
If you are someone who suspects the overdose of this medicine. You should go and see your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed Dosage of Carisoprodol
You should try and take Carisoprodol medicine as soon as you remember taking this medicine. If the time for the next dosage is near, you should skip the dosage altogether. It is not recommended to take more than one dosage in a go.