Showing 1–12 of 14 results
What exactly are nootropics or smart drugs?
Nootropics or smart drugs are one of the most useful medications, which help in improving brain-power, enhance memory and response. They are also referred to as cognitive boosters. These nootropics are mostly famous amongst students who intend to boost their memory so as to score well in their exams. Enhancing the quality of work as it increases intelligence and creativity. In addition to this, these drugs are also useful in treating various diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer.
Common nootropics available in the market
The most common nootropics available in the market are modafinil and armodafinil. They are also useful in combating disorders like narcolepsy, shift-work disorder, and obstructive sleep apnea. They fit in the group of stimulants. These are also famous are schedule-4 drugs. Now, let us give you information regarding modafinil and armodafinil.
What is modafinil?
Modafinil is an exceptionally useful smart drug, which helps to increase the cognitive brain function in many ways. There are various nootropics available in the market, but modafinil is different from the rest due to the following points:
It does not fall in the category of stimulant
Modafinil is not a stimulant it only acts like one. It is simply a eurogeroic agent, which helps in keeping a person alert. It does not make the consumer jittery as the stimulants would do.
it won’t trigger an addiction
The best thing about modafinil is that it is not at all addictive. In fact, it will help you to get rid of your addictions.
It has minimal side effects
It is a safe drug and you can consume it without having any major harmful effects.
it will surely give results
Modafinil will not let you down. It is for a lifetime.
The generic form of nuvigil is famous by the name armodafinil. It is somewhat similar to the drug, modafinil. The exact mechanism is not clear, however, it is said that it works like the drugs methylphenidate and amphetamine. It is metabolized in the liver mainly.
Treatment guidelines for Armodafinil
- Armodafinil is a prescription-only medication, which means you can only buy this medicine if it has been prescribed to you by a specialist or doctor. Your doctor will prescribe the medicine based on your need and condition.
- Armodafinil comes in various packages like 50mg, 100mg, and 250mg. You can take this medicine once in the morning or as per your doctor’s directions. If you opt for a higher dose on your own then you may witness some undesired side effects.
- People who are suffering from disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea or narcolepsy can pop in one pill in the morning. It will minimize their symptoms. Also, it is necessary to keep a record of the number of pills you are consuming.
- If you want to combat shift-work disorder then one pill prior your shift will suffice throughout the work shift. You can consume it before having food.
- In case of health problems, refer to a doctor.
- For health conditions like liver problems, kidney disorder, hypertension, or allergies consult your doctor before you start using this medication.
How do smart drugs work?
Smart drugs are similar in action to amphetamines; they induce alertness by stimulating the brain. The exact mode of action is not clearly identified. However, the basic concept is that these drugs produce more neurotransmitter, dopamine that minimizes its reuptake in the nerves.
Are smart drugs safe?
The most remarkable quality about the real limitless drugs is that they are non-addictive. However, the risk of drug overdose still prevails. This drug helps people to stay awake for a long duration of time, which will eventually have bad effects on health. It is important to consume smart drugs only as per the directions of your doctor.
Side effects of limitless pills
Some of the common side effects include:
- Swelling in throat, lips, face, throat, and tongue
- Difficulty in breathing
Smart drugs may also cause skin allergies. Sometimes the allergies can be so severe that it may need immediate medical assistance. Discontinue the medication, if you experience:
- Skin Rashes
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen legs
- Mouth sores
- Dark urine
You must immediately stop consuming smart drugs if you are experiencing:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Talk more than normal
- Unusual behavior or thoughts
- More active
- Pain in chest
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Trouble breathing
- Skin Rashes
The general side effects of smart drugs are:
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Feeling nervous
- Stuffy nose
Consult your doctor before you start consuming this medicine. It has many side effects that may trigger various health issues especially people suffering from these heart disorders:
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Mitral valve issue
- Enlarged heart
Patients who have a history of the following conditions should refer to the doctor before consuming smart drugs:
- Liver issues
Do not operate any machine or drive a vehicle after consuming nootropics.
Interactions with other drugs
The chances of interference of smart drugs with other drugs are quite low, however, the risk still exists. Here is a long list of drugs that may interact with nootropic drugs:
How to dose smart drugs?
It is advisable to start with the light dosage of 30mg to 50mg. you may increase the dose later if this dosage does not show any significant change for you. This drug takes 30-45 minutes to absorb in your system and the effects can last up to eight hours. You can buy this medicine easily from a local pharmacy or an authentic online store.